Mark Your Calendars!
Remember, all events are at 901 Rio Grande Blvd. NW, Suite D-220.
August 8, 12:00-1:00pm, Brown Bag Luncheon Nusenda Foundation
The Nusenda Foundation is a leading supporter of New Mexico nonprofits, providing grants for Education, Healthcare, the Arts, Wildlife and Environment, and Community Services and Support in communities where Nusenda Credit Union has service branches. In 2017, Nusenda gave $418,200 in grant funding to 71 organizations across New Mexico. Since the program began in 2007, it has given over $4.5 million through Community Rewards. In addition, members participating in Earn Your Return, the member-facing side of Community Rewards that involves Visa debit cards, have earned $4.2 million back by participating in the program, increasing their financial security and wellbeing.
Join us on August 8 at 12pm to hear from the Executive Director of the Nusenda Foundation, Robin Brule, to learn more about how Nusenda developed its strategic grants process and the inner workings of its corporate and philanthropic giving programs. Ms. Brule joined Nusenda in 2011 and is Senior Vice President of Community Relations and Special Assistant to the President, in addition to leading the Nusenda Foundation and Albuquerque’s City Alive collective impact initiative. She is an Annie E. Casey Children and Families Fellow, a Presidio Fellow, an Everytown Fellow, and is the incoming board chair of The Grants Collective.
Register for the event here: bit.ly/BBAug18 and bring your lunch!
August 14, 1:00-3:00p, Curbside Consulting
Have you ever needed more eyes on your current grant projects? Cooperative Network members can come to our office for a free, 30 minute consultation and we’ll match you with expert advice to talk about your project. Come prepared to talk about a grant application or concept, have us review a draft, or work through tricky pieces with you. Members can sign up here: bit.ly/CurbConSignUp
Not a member? Curbside Consulting is also a great time to get a hands-on demonstration of the Online Platform – designed to make grant seeking easier for you! Let us know you’re coming and we’ll give you a tutorial to see if membership in the Cooperative Network will help you achieve your grant seeking goals.
August 15, 2:00-2:45pm, Online Platform Demo
Are you interested in grant seeking more effectively and learning more from other experts in our community? Come join us for a free webinar to dig deeper into The Grants Collective’s online platform. We’ll discuss what the platform offers to help you secure national and federal investments, and increase your knowledge, grant capacity, proposal skills, funding leads, efficiency, and connections.
Register for the webinar online: bit.ly/TGCPlatform
August 29, 11:00-1:00p: Curbside Consulting
We offer two opportunities each month for Network members to receive hands-on advice about their grant projects. Network members can come to our office for a free, 30 minute consultation and we’ll match you with expert advice to talk about your project. Join us for either or both! Members can sign up here: bit.ly/CurbConSignUp
Thanks to everyone who attended our Brown Bag with Cathy Frey in July! What a tremendous conversation and hope to see you in August!
Invest in your organization to receive preferred access to our trainings and online platform. With the online platform, you’ll be able to:
- Access upcoming grant opportunities from our online calendar and research non-deadline driven opportunities. These are all screened for New Mexico eligibility, eliminating the work on your end.
- Access grant seeking resources that are all in one convenient site – federal budget forms, data research tools, best practice articles, and more.
- Connect and collaborate with other grant professionals in our community and share resources and knowledge. You can directly message other members or tag them on grant opportunities that you’d like to discuss. Ask questions about your grant proposals or processes and receive feedback from a larger grant seeking community!
The Grants Collective is a great way to connect to a community of grant professionals for advice, collaboration, and resources. Subscribe by pressing the button below:
Organizations that join between June 15-Aug 31 and have a SHARE NM profile will receive 20% off an annual subscription.
Subscriptions are $50/month, or save $100 and subscribe for $500/year! New Mexico Thrives members subscribe for $400/year.
For more info, or an in-person demonstration, contact Robert Nelson at email@example.com and we look forward to seeing you at the next Cooperative Network event!
If you’d like to subscribe to our email newsletter, hit the button below!
At The Grants Collective, we are grateful for our members, Talent Academy fellows, and community partners. We’re looking forward to working with these organizations to help New Mexico raise its profile in securing major national and federal grants. If you are interested in supporting this effort, become a member or donate today.
We offer three primary ways to participate:
- Cooperative Network: A subscription-based network of nonprofit professionals interested in developing skills, insight, and resources for high-performance grant seeking.
- Talent Academy: A 6-month professional fellowship to develop skills for securing major grants.
- Grow New Mexico: Technical assistance to help New Mexican communities and organizations put together grant/loan packages for infrastructure and other special projects. Grow New Mexico is an independent, fiscally sponsored project.
Find out more at www.thegrantscollective.org